Milestones in the History of the Nuclear Physics Institute.
- 1955. The Nuclear Physics Institute of the Czechoslovak Academy of
Sciences (CSAS) was founded. Its name was later changed to the Nuclear
- 1972. The Institute was split into several parts and the largest
one become the Nuclear Research Institute of the Czechoslovak Commision for
Atomic Energy (now the Nuclear Research Institute Rez, plc). Most of the
industry oriented nuclear research activities remained there. The second
largest part of the original Institute was oriented predominantly to the basic
research in the nuclear physics and was named again the the Nuclear
Physics Institute (NPI).
- 1979. Low Temperature Physics Department of NPI passed to the
Institute of Physics of CSAS in Prague.
1993. The Nuclear Physics Institute becomes a constituent part of the
Czech Academy of Sciences, the Czech successor of the CSAS after
splitting of Czechoslovakia.
1994. The Institute of Radiation Dosimetry, one of the constituent parts
of the original Nuclear Physics Institute, has been incorporated into NPI.
Neutron Activation Analysis Laboratory of the Czech Environmental
Institute has been also incorporated into NPI.